I finally finished reading The Pirate Queen. I love reading but it took me more than three months to finish this book. It is pretty average book that I had to force myself to finish.
I am surprised by editorial review of the book as expected some critique from editors.
What I did not like?
1. Not much other character development. Main character was inside her head pretty much all the time.
2. Some of feeling from Saphora was hard to believe. You expect certain gravity from a character based on its age and stage.
3. I experienced repetition from writer (She will tell what she already told you 10 pages ago).
4. Write could have left readers to figure out on their own rather than stating obvious.
5. I play this game of ‘Predicted ending’ and ‘surprise ending’. This book had predicted ending. (No, I will not add more details because it would ruin your “surprise”.)
What someone else may like (I don’t care about these aspect)
1. In the beginning, author has described in detail some aspect of setup but this is not
2. If you like reading ‘High life’ kind of books, you may like some aspect of this story.
What I liked
Setting (where most of the story happens)
Here is my review....